Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

"Being Human"

Yesterday I took my grandchildren to see a movie entitled "Being Human" directed by Jack Neo of Singapore. It's a Mandarin movie and I took the children to watch it since they know Mandarin and would be able to understand the dialogue.

But what do you know? They also had English sub-titles!! You guessed it! The kids read the sub-titles instead. Naughty naughty!

I enjoyed the movie because of its theme and there were quite a few laughs. The character that spoke Hokkien (a Chinese Dialect)was easy to empathise with.

The moral of the story is simple. If you do something bad, bad things will happen to you too but if you do something good, you will be blessed.

The main characters are a married couple who have been trying very hard to have a baby for the last eight years. I thought the character who played the wife was very good. So was the guy who played the hubby.

It's worth watching! Jack Neo's movies are good to watch.

This was the first time I watched a movie in KK and had my grandkids with me. We munched on popcorn and laughed at the antics of some of the characters. It was a great rainbow afternoon! Kids do make one feel young!

No comments:

Post a Comment