Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Good Day

Today can be counted as a good day as I accomplished a few things.
The morning started off with a visit to the fish market. We hadn't had fish for a while. We bought three different types of fish, altogether totalling 6 fish and I also bought a chicken thigh.

Cleaning the fish took almost an hour after I reached home. Descaling it isn't a pleasant task, neither is cleaning the stomach cavity of its entrails. Then I boiled winter melon soup with chicken feet and carcass. This would be for dinner as I had been away and my grandchildren hadn't had any soup in my absence. I prepared one of the fish for steaming and also seasoned a few pieces of chicken for my grandson who doesn't like fish. A vegetable stir-fried with garlic completed the dinner menu.

Come afternoon, I did a bit of gardening, clearing the flower pots of weeds and adding new topsoil so that the flowers will bloom in abundance. Luckily it wasn't a hot afternoon so I was able to tidy up the potted plants and flowers before starting dinner.

Seeing my family, especially my grandchildren, enjoy the meal that I had cooked for them made me happy. My granddaughter likes fish and soup and she had two bowls!

It was a good day for me as I also finished reading a thriller that had a good story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment