Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Beautiful Sunday

Another great day today!

It began with breakfast with my daughter and my brother at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.
This is one of the premier golf clubs in Kuala Lumpur and membership comes at a very pricey tag. The fairways have matured with trees that have grown.This is my younger brother. There is a 12 year age gap between us
I had lunch with two younger sisters, sister number 3 and sister number 6. We had roast pork, and two vegetable dishes, quite tasty, I must say. Then we browsed in the shops in Bangsar Village 2. Sales are on and there are a few good bargains, especially with Hari Raya Puasa ( a Muslim celebration at the end of one month's fasting ) coming up in two weeks' time. Green and yellow are the colors of Hari Raya.
Dessert was Baskin Robins ice cream across the street.
Sister number 7, the youngest girl in the family, came over with her daughter for tea. They came with an assortment of cakes, egg tarts and "pau" ( steamed buns with roast pork filling and red bean paste filling, "Char siew pau" and "tau sar pau" respectively ). We had a good natter and made plans to meet up again before I leave for home.

Then my daughter and I headed to the "pasar malam" ( literally the night market but it starts around 5:00 p.m. )to purchase our dinner and some fruits. We bought "poh piah" ( vegetable spring rolls ), "apam" ( sweet pancake )and I ate mine downed with fresh coconut water. This night market is held once a week and fruit and vegetables as well as cooked food are aplenty. It is actually stalls set up by hawkers who move their wares to different locations throughout the week.

It has been a most satisfying day. I had come to Kuala Lumpur to touch base with my siblings and I've met up with all of them. Nothing can be more important than family and it is imperative that family ties are kept intact and relationships strengthened by keeping in touch constantly. Otherwise the risk of drifting apart may become reality and the family ties will fall apart.



No comments:

Post a Comment