Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Another Rainbow Day!

Yesterday I had a beautiful rainbow day!

My niece who has a new car came by
and together with her mum, we went to fetch my brother for bah kut teh ( braised pork in herbal soup ) breakfast in Klang. Klang is famous for its bah kut teh and different stalls guard their recipes jealously. My brother who used to live in Klang is a bah kut teh connoiseur. He knows the best stalls for the different types of bah kut teh offerings. Whenever I'm in town, we will have at least two bah kut teh breakfasts together.

Although we went looking for durians ( a spiky thorny fruit with a fragrant aroma that either seduces you or repels you )
but unfortunately there were none as the season is over. Sigh.... ( my favourite fruit!)

After breakfast we dropped by his place. There my sister-in-law was busy wrapping her fruit cake into individual pieces of red transparent paper secured by ribbons at either end and placing a sticker with the bridal couple's names and double happiness symbol on the wrapped cake. Their daughter is walking down the aisle in October. It's another great occasion to look forward to.

That evening after a horrendous traffic jam and a 40 minute delay we managed to reach the restaurant where we had dinner together with both my younger brothers. The Taiwanese dishes were a tad spicy but the bonding with my family members was a good ending to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment