Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Count Down


Last night was spent writing out the wedding invitation cards. No, not my wedding by my son's.

This morning I was all set to hand deliver some of the cards to relatives. However, being the absent-minded person that I am, I left the cards in the car and went in my brother's car to have breakfast, after which he would send me to my aunt's house to hand over the invitation cards. I didn't realise that I had come without the cards until we were almost at our destination.

So now there will have to be another trip to deliver those cards. The same thing happened later on. I went to my sister's house twice today but forgot the cards each time! How's that for a record?

Must be the excitement that the wedding is soon to take place! The cards are very pretty, the design chosen by the young couple.

Tomorrow I will be handing out more invitation cards and posting the rest to old friends. It is wonderful to know that friends of long standing will be present to witness and share our joy in our son's marriage.

This is the moment that most parents look forward to, the marriage of a child. We look forward to welcoming our daughter-in-law into the family and mind you we have a large family as we are a family of ten siblings and all of us have children and grandchildren as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment