Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Korean Food

Our holiday in Korea introduced us to Korean food which I had never tasted before. I had been apprehensive on our flight, wondering what was in store, and whether I would regret not bringing some Maggi mee with me. However I was pleasantly surprised. Our first lunch was Ginseng Chicken Noodle Soup which tasted delicious after I added a small glass of local wine into it.
Accompanying the meal were side dishes that are always served with the main meal.
Dinner was abalone porridge with other seafood included, such as mussels.
There was a variety but because there were among us, me included, who do not eat beef, pork was mainly served but in different ways.
Sometimes we barbecued the well-seasoned meat, at other times it was stir-fried or cooked steamboat style.
Seaweed soup was also delicious.
We even tried our hand in making kimchi, the side dish that is always served at every meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I must say that Korean food tastes good, much better than I had anticipated.It looks spicy but it isn't really.
Now I will not be averse to dining in a Korean restaurant back here in Malaysia and will be able to gauge its authenticity.

No comments:

Post a Comment