Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The sheer relief of getting a flight so that I could see my daughter before she goes into the operating theatre for her surgery was so great that I almost cried.

She had just told me that a 5cm cyst in her ovary would have to be removed in a couple of days. I couldn't get any flight before the date of the surgery as all flights had been sold out! The earliest I could get was the day of the surgery itself and by the time I arrived in Kuala Lumpur, she had already been admitted into the hospital.

Praise the Lord I was able to see her before her surgery. My sister and I prayed to the Lord for divine protection and to guide the surgeon's hands. We prayed for mnny daughter's safe surgery and recovery. A couple of days ago I had also requested for pragers from my church congregation.

It was a nail-biting wait and the time seemed to tick by so slowly before my daugher was wheeled back into her room. Praise the Lord! She was drowsy, a post-surgery phase.

The doctor explained that there wasn't a 5 cm cyst in the ovary but there were 3 smaller cysts in the vicinity which she had removed. These have been sent to the lab for tests and my daughter will know the results when she returns for the review.

Praise the Lord for his mercy and his loving care. My daughter is now recuperating at home. I'm boiling her special nourishing soups and making sure that she has healthy food choices during this period of recovery. I am so grateful for all the prayers and support and most of all I'm very happy that my daughter is getting better and stronger. This is truly the rainbow after the clouds of uncertainty and anxieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment