Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A New Chapter

This year marks the end of elementary school for my granddaughter who sat for her Primary Six national examination in October. The results are out and Praise The Lord, she scored the maximum of 7 As.

She has done us all proud and come next year, 2012, she will join her brother in secondary school.

It's a new chapter in her life and we as grandparents are very happy to be part of it, fetching both of them home from school each day, cooking for them and sharing in their busy lives. Ingrained in Asian culture, competition is very stiff in the schools and the children work very diligently producing projects assigned to them.

These days they have the computer to help them source for information and the printer to print out their completed assignments.Times have changed and for the better.

Wikipedia, YouTube, just to name a couple of places from which people, including children can source for information. YOungsters are very tech savvy now, unlike us who are techno dummies, dinosaurs plodding clumsily in cyberspace. It was my granddaughter who introduced me to YouTube and Google!! I never knew what those two words were!!!

I remember fondly, a few years ago when she came up to me to ask for the lyrics of an old Malay song but I had forgotten them and couldn't for the life of me, find out where I had kept my old song book. Then later on, I heard her singing the song!

I asked her, "Where did you get the lyrics?" Her reply? " Oh Poh-Poh ( grandma ) I just googled it." Google???? The rest is history. Cheers, Chloe! Attagirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment