Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

World Cup Fever


World Cup fever is heating up. It’s the semi-finals now .

I watched the match between Argentina and Germany with my grandchildren. This was their first introduction to football and they were really caught up in the game.

However during parts of it, my little granddaughter said that it could be boring too at times when the ball was just being dribbled and passed from player to player. Of course the excitement and cheers from the fans in the stadium were somewhat drowned by the humming sound of those instruments called vuv…. I forget what they are called but I found the sound very distracting. Maybe my ears are too sensitive.

However, my grandson found the game to be highly exciting. In fact the little girl went to bed early on in the match while he continued watching together with me. We were snuggled under the blankets watching the impressive play between the two teams.

The Germans were clearly the superior team in terms of attack and defence. The Argentinians were more emotional, by their expressions and actions. They had their nail-biting moments too.

Nevertheless both teams were worthy opponents and the better team won.

It was a good time for bonding and my grandchildren enjoyed their first football game, the girl to a lesser degree. Each morning before they leave for school their first question is “ Who won? What’s the score?”

Early tomorrow morning I will be watching the game between Germany and Spain but Paul the octopus has put lots of folks on tenterhooks regarding the outcome. Well this only makes the event more exciting and the anticipation is really on the rise. May the better team win! Good night, have to sleep now so as to get up at 2:30a.m. to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment