Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Paul was right!!


"It's time to get up, it's time to get up!" chanted the mechanical voice of my phone alarm. It was already 02:30, time for the World Cup semi-final match between Germany and Spain.


Bleary-eyed with sleep, I squinted at the t v screen, watching the two teams coming onto the field, listening as some of the players sang their national anthems as they were played.

Then it started! I couldn't stay fully awake and in between, nodded off but I saw the ball headed into the goal by a Spaniard.

The game then was fast and furious but the Spanish team was very fast and they did not allow the Germans to get close enough to shoot a goal. Yes, the Germans, good as they were, were outplayed by the Spaniards.

So Paul the octopus which predicted the win by Spain was right after all.

My grandchildren were more bemused than anything else when I told them the outcome of the match before they left for school. They're still wondering how Paul did it!


Sunday will be the long-awaited day when the Netherlands meets
Spain to vie for the World Cup. Who will take the trophy
home this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment