Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

Only Memories Left

What I miss most is my garden and the plants I had to leave behind or gave away.  I also miss the space we had in our home but it was time to move on.  What is now left are the memories of those plants and the rooms left behind.

I miss breathing in the fresh air and the cool breezes in the early mornings. Sometimes the moon is still hanging there in the sky.
I also miss the spectacular sunsets that are different each evening.
The garden is big and green grass covers most of the area.  The children had their friends running all over as they played games during their birthday parties.

I miss the aromatic leaves of  the curry leaf tree, the lemon grass, the pandan leaves (screwpine) and most of all the fragrance of my beautiful pink and red roses as well as the jasmines.
                                                        The Curry leaf tree and its flowers
Then there are the different varieties of house plants which are pleasant shades of green that give a cool ambience to the house.
Outside the gate is the Flame of the Forest which I planted when we first moved in.  It now flowers beautifully, giving clusters of vibrant red blooms.
What made me most happy was that my 23 month old grandson was able to visit us and get to know the house his papa grew up in.  That was the first time he could climb up stairs to get to his papa’s bedroom.
 It was also the first time he saw so many green plants and mango trees.

 It was also the first time he walked on grass!  At first he was loth to put his feet onto the grass and walk but his papa and grandpa soon had him at ease as they walked with him, holding his hands.

 After a while he was confident enough to walk on his own and to go after the bubbles his mother blew into the air for him to catch.
 I still remember the first time I carried him a few days after he was born.
 Now he's a sturdy toddler, so like his papa when his papa was little.  He probably won't remember the few days he came to visit but I needed to have him see and stay in his papa's home and to know what a garden is like and how it feels to walk on grass. 
 We are truly blessed that our son brought his little boy to visit before we vacated it.  We moved out the following month.


No comments:

Post a Comment