Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2014

Catching up with my Siblings

I had the lovely opportunity of meeting up with my younger siblings this morning for lunch at the Central Market in Kuala Lumpur.



This market used to be a wet market selling vegetables and fish etc but was later renovated to become a place catering to tourists. It now has small shops selling Malaysian handicraft, clothing, souvenirs and restaurants providing the different types of Malaysian cuisine.



 We opted for Nyonya fare in a restaurant on the first floor.

 Fish slices in spicy sour gravy
Chicken Curry
paku fern cooked in prawn paste
Squid & Smelly Bean in spicy sauce

However except for one dish, the others turned out to be run of the mill.

On the menu it said cuttle fish but we were given squid instead so I felt hard done by. I had looked forward to the cuttle fish cooked spicy style with the smelly beans ( petai). I decided that I would not patronize that place again.

After our lunch we moved on to another café to have our dessert.
Selecting our dessert

Then we boarded the LRT to KL Sentral. It was jammed with people. Wonder why the authorities can’t add more carriages to the train. Only three miserable carriages to transport crowds of people!!

A new mall has sprouted and it is linked to the main railway terminal known as Sentral.  It is called Nu Sentral.  Can’t they be more imaginative?


Inside are the usual chain shops that are found in practically every mall. There are many floors but not all lots have been taken up. Guess it’s still early days.

Saw one of my favorite shops, the sweet and sour snacks shop. Purchased some nutmeg strips for my daughter who loves them.

The only setback is that the parking is very expensive.




No comments:

Post a Comment