Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Lift Up The Steep Steps

When you have reached seventy and above, you are entitled to spoil yourself.

Such an occasion arose while we were on a visit to the mountains in Zhangjiajie, China.
We had climbed hundreds of steps and there were more to come! So when there were people who offered a lift up those steep steps for a fee, we joyfully opted for the ride.

Little did we know what a ride it would turn out to be!  The two guys just rushed up the steps, hollering at the crowds to stay out of the way and of course I had to cling on for dear life, and many a time I just had to close my eyes in case the guy in front stumbled and I would careen over the mountain side into the bottomless depths.  There was no safety belt as it was just a simple rattan seat carried on the shoulders of two guys.

Boy, what an experience it was, but I’ll not go through it again!! Thoroughly shaken and bounced, I was happy to get off the seat and stand on flat ground again.

No comments:

Post a Comment