Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Savouring Local Food

Being away in another country gives you the opportunity to savor the local food.

In Ljubljana, Slovenia, I had the opportunity to try their food. First we had the soup, beetroot soup which is blood red and served in a bowl with 2 handles and we drink it straight from the bowl. It looked a bit scary to me but I willed myself to try it, even though I'm not adventurous where food is concerned. Surprisingly, it tasted delicious!!
Then we had the main dish which also tasted good. I loved the potatoes as they are quite different from those that I've tasted before. Dessert was a slice of cake which was not too rich or heavy so I enjoyed that as well.Being able to try the food of a place where one is a visitor is another dash of color to the rainbow of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment