Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More Weddings in the Offing!


Woohoo!! I just received news that my brother's princess will be getting married to her handsome prince in a few months' time.

This year is surely the year for weddings, with the Bunny hopping in and bringing along, hopefully, a year of abundance. To those who may not know, the in-coming Chinese New Year is the Year of the Rabbit.

Next month, one of my nephews is tying the knot with his lady love, then my brother's princess and last but not least, my youngest brother's princess is also getting married too! So three weddings in the Year of the Rabbit!

This is really something to celebrate and with great joy too. The young ones are coming into their own, and we are now the oldies, in our golden years. We can look forward to another new generation of little bunnies and baby dragons ( after the Rabbit comes the Dragon ). If I don't get a little Bunny from my daughter-in-law, I would certainly hope for a little Dragon, God willing.

Besides, these occasions also give the oldies an opportunity to get new clothes to swan in!! Albeit old swans!! He, he, he!! We can look forward to lots of shopping, not only for clothes but also for gifts for the young couples.

The tea ceremony is a very important tradition in a Chinese wedding where the bride or groom, as the case may be, is introduced formally to the family clan. In return for the cup of tea ( usually accepted with joy )the young couple get monetary gifts and jewellery.

For the young couples and their families, it would mean lots of preparation, selecting the venue for the wedding function, the menu, the guest list, wedding favors, seating arrangements, etc etc. It's very exciting indeed. I should know as my son got married recently.

So here we go, looking forward to the happy occasions coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment