Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Closer Draws the Day

Today is the day the wedding rehearsal was held in the church where the marriage will be solemnised next week.

We do not really have a role to play as it is the bride and the bride's father and the page boy and page girl together with the bridesmaids that have to know when and how to enter the church.

We ourselves had only a registry wedding where both fathers were present and acted as witnesses. That said, I wasn't a Christian then.

My dresses are ready and so are my shoes. However my handbag will be the same one that has been doing duty for the last few years.

I will be wearing a sarong and kebaya for the church wedding and a long gown for the dinner. It's quite exciting to have an occasion to dress up for and this is an occasion indeed, the wedding of our only son.

In fact, there were five Dragon ( the Chinese lunar year ) babies born in our family that year (1976). My siblings had their babies that year too so we had two male dragons and three female dragons. All of them are married and our son is the last of the Dragons to get hitched. The girl dragons already have their own babies but the boys haven't yet. My Dragon nephew based in the UK is a very busy doctor with an amazing musical talent. He wont be able to make it for the wedding as he has to present a paper on that same day.

All my siblings except one will be present to witness the marriage of our son and I'm very moved by their support. We've always been a close-knit family, thanks to our late mum. I'm sure she's very happy too in the next dimension. She looked after him for 6 months when I was too ill at that time to look after him myself. Am looking forward to the weekend and will have lots of photos to post after that. I'm delighted to be able to share my happiness with my readers and I'm sure you are happy for me too. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment