Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Counting Down

At last the invitations have been sent either by post or hand-delivered.

RSVPs have started coming in. Almost every invited guest has confirmed their attendance except for a few who had more than one invitation for the same date.

I've sorted out the table seating, putting friends together on the same tables so that they will enjoy the evening better. Relatives and siblings have also been placed at tables where they can mingle with guests and make new friends.

The little details have been attended to. The marriage will be solemnised in church in Singapore, so the program there has been taken care of by my son and his wife-to-be. They have done a marvellous job of organising the function and their friends have rallied round to help.

It's wonderful of my siblings to go all the way to Singapore to witness my son's wedding and I'm most appreciative of their support and love.

We will have another dinner in Kuala Lumpur a week later and the tea ceremony which is the formal introduction and acceptance of the bride into our family will also be held that weekend.

I've seen the wedding photo shoot but will not be sharing at the moment as the marriage has yet to be solemnised. Once it is done, I will share the beautiful photos with you, and some will be posted on FB so that the Australian branch of the family can see them as well.

I'm getting nervous as the day draws nearer, although I'm only the mother of the bridegroom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment