Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A New Rainbow


Another rainbow was colored into my life.

Two days ago I met up with my siblings in Kuala Lumpur. One of my sisters was en route back to Ozieland after making a pilgrimage to the Holy Land and visiting other countries.

I hadn’t seen her for quite a while. We had a reunion dinner at one of the restaurants in a shopping complex in Bangsar, hosted by my youngest brother.

The oldest and the youngest were there. My youngest brother’s mother-in-law is 83 years of age and the youngest is a baby of 5 months. There were three tables to accommodate all of us.



My son and his fiancée were also present. They had bussed up from Singapore the day before to meet my sister from Down Under.

The men sat at their table to drink and ‘man-talk’ while the younger ones had their own table for their own table talk while the ladies had a table to themselves for tete-a-tete, catching up on the latest from Ozie Land to the Land below the Wind.

The food was good, thanks to my sister-in-law who’s very good at selecting the delicious dishes. The roast suckling pig was very tender and crispy and I enjoyed it very much.


All too soon the evening had to come to an end but we took away fond memories.

There are two weddings in the offing. Wedding bells will ring in the later part of this year and early next year. So there are these two events to look forward to. Happy families are what make life meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment