Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Kids are Back!!


Hurray! My grandchildren are back today!

While waiting for them to return from Singapore, I switched on the Christmas tree lights and the Christmas songs. It was such a pretty sight with the fairy lights twinkling and the presents piled under the tree, waiting for the children. They had spent the last few weeks in Singapore as they were on school vacation.

When the brass door knocker ( is this correct?? )rapped impatiently ( that must have been Chloe ), I literally flew down the stairs to open the door. There they were, the both of them. I swear they have grown taller since I last saw them in November.

Their greetings of "Poh-Poh" and "Kong-Kong" made my day, even though it was already late evening. How I've missed them and their voices!

After a lovely dinner of cherry-glaced ham & roast potatoes made by my daughter Sharon and her spouse Yen, we opened our presents. The children had a good time looking for their presents as there were quite a number.



Chloe counted 16 and Stephen had 15. They had books and toys and chocolates, clothes, etc.

I also had my share. What was most wonderful was the joy of the children as they opened their presents to see what was beneath the wrapping paper.

"Now I won't be bored again!" enthused Chloe as she received half a dozen story books. She's an avid book lover. She reads and reads all the time.

Stephen was thrilled with his gadgets.

They gave their grandfather a Sudoku book and I got a book and pillbox for all the pills that I have to take each day. I gave my spouse two shirts and my son-in-law a cookbook as he loves to cook. Sharon put on the blouses she received, to show us how good they looked on her.

It was grand, having them back. The house will not be still and silent anymore. The piano will be singing out tunes early tomorrow morning. Ah this is something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment