Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lovely Day Today

 Today I attended a workshop on Facebook and Twitter run by two very capable 
  and knowledgeable young men, Johan and Alex.

The workshop was organised by SWEPA, a women's organisation, for its members.
It was held at the Sabah Skills Training Centre which has got many rooms for training purposes.

I learned many things and hope to apply them before I forget. The bane of seniors is the remarkable ability to forget things very quickly and the snail's pace of learning new things. Sigh...... if only my brain were 40 years younger!

Today's workshop was an extension of the earlier one which was too short to cover the topics so those who did not attend today have really missed out many things.

Facebook is not a waste of time and is not as trivial as many people perceive it to be. It's an excellent tool for communication and its applications are very useful those in biz as well.

Twitter is even more fascinating. Thousands of tweets are flying in space and there is so much to learn.

I would like to record my gratitude to Johan and Alex and to Hanaa, the lovely Mrs. Johan and their delightful daughter for the knowledge they have so generously shared today. Thank you, my friends. It was truly a rainbow day for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment