Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

My 75th Birthday

My birthday falls on 26th June. I never thought that I would reach this milestone for the women in our family pass on before this age. Praise God that He has let me reach this number and to go beyond.

A few days before the 26th, my buddies treated me to lunch at our favored restaurant. We like this place because it has a nice view of the marina and a pleasant view of the gardens. Besides, it is easy to find parking.

We had fun chatting about the latest happenings in our country. Yes, last month we had a new government! And our prime minister is the oldest in the world!! People power overthrew the embarrassing kleptocracy that had made our country the laughing stock on the world stage.
In between the food that we enjoyed, we laughed and giggled, age not withstanding.

Noodles is a mandatory dish for any birthday so we had noodles which was cooked with scallops and prawns. It was delicious!!
The other dishes were a vegetable and dim sum.
When it was time to bring out my birthday cake, it was a surprise that the waitress had brought it out, already with the candles burning!! So many candles that I couldn’t blow them out at one go.
The last candle was determined not to go out despite my attempts to blow it out. In the end my buddy Nary had to help me, so between the both of us, we blew it out!!
 The cake was a carrot cake with walnuts. Very tasty indeed. 
Thank you, buddies, for a beautiful memorable birthday treat.
I feel so blessed and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment